June 3, 2015
We are so fortunate to live, and work in an area that provides us with the absolute best features of both rural and urban lifestyles.
Just an hour drive North from Toronto and right along the way to Cottage Country, stop into Alliston Downtown and discover your RURBAN experience. A vibrant urban shopping and business district nestled amidst country charm! Where else can you spend the morning churning your own butter, grabbing sushi for lunch and then seeing the newest blockbuster film? Our downtown offers high-end fashion , jewellery and home décor shops, giving you everything the city has to offer with that friendly small town atmosphere.
There are so many things to experience in Alliston Downtown; We have clean parks, areas to stay and play, and tons of local area attractions from historical to cultural, outdoors, modern, trendy, and fun. You might just stop in to play, but with so much to see and do, you will want to stay!
Our Alliston Downtown BIA signature events draw this wonderful community together for family fun and unique treats that make Alliston Downtown a place to experience. Each year our Alliston Epic Events draw over 75,000 visitors – you don’t want to miss all we have to offer!
From Farm to Table…Another unique thing about Alliston downtown is that your local downtown farmers market (Every Saturday 8am-2pm) provides the freshest farm produce, hand-made jams and jellies, baked goods, cured meats, delectable sauces, dips, hand-made potato chips and more from people who live in the community.
Things to do:
- live music
- local theatre
- video & arcade
- mini putt
- Farm Visits
Extraordinary Places to See:
- Sir Frederick Banting’s Homestead & Heritage Park Just outside the downtown core of Alliston you will find this extraordinary site. Learn about diabetes and the discovery of insulin. EXPLORE the historic farmhouse and buildings as well as the beautiful surrounding park. So pick up a picnic lunch downtown Alliston and come search for the geocache in the park!
- Museum on the Boyne & Old Candy Store Take a trip back in time and visit the Museum. Situated right in Riverdale Park just a short walk from Victoria Street in Downtown Alliston this great building offers a chance to see how things were years ago as well as taste some old time treats at the candy store!
- The Gibson Centre is located just a few blocks south of the downtown core and is a must see! Beautiful architecture of the building encases local talent in both visual art as well as musical and theatrical performances. A great venue for weddings, and socials of all kinds!
- MORE GREAT PLACES TO SEE…
- South Simcoe Railway
- Nottawasaga Resort & Golf Club
- Earl Row Provincial Park
- Black Horse Theatre
- South Simcoe Theatre
- Georgian Downs